Friday, May 6, 2011

Where To Begin...

Merriam Webster defines Overwhelmed as: 


over·whelm

\ˌō-vər-ˈhwelm, -ˈwelm\

    2
a : to cover over completely : submerge b : to overcome by superior force or numbers c : to overpower in thought or feeling

The other day I had a wonderful visit from my Visiting Teachers. In closing of their visit they asked me the same questions they always ask me. "Is there anything we can do for you?" In my head I always giggle at this and respond with... "well there is a sink full of dirty dishes if you really wanna!" But of course that never leaves my lips. 

This time however was different. Deanna phrased the question "I know you are moving soon... is there anything you would like help with? I can come help you do somethings around the house or I can watch the girls for you if that would make it easier for you!" Tears nearly streamed down my face as my blood pressure started to rise while the mile long laundry list of repairs, cleaning, packing and more repairs began to unfold in my mind. My anxiety when from 0-60 in milliseconds and I could feel myself start twitching with the adrenaline. 

For those of you who do know me... know that I am a one person show. I grew up as an only child thus resulting in this feeling that I can do everything on my own. I realized I had to swallow my pride and allow my Visiting Teachers to help me... this is what they are here for! 

As many of our upgrades have started to take place or have finally been finished, only took us a good three years, I have enlisted the help of those around me. 

I couldnt be more thankful for selfless friends and sudo family members. I have been so blessed in the three years we have lived here and as I dragged my feet and prepare myself to wave goodbye I know that someday ... somewhere ... our paths will cross again. Until then ... this momma is gonna be a workaholic... only taking time out of my day to eat, sleep and play with my two amazing daughters. 


No comments: