Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Hardwood Floors... Take 3...

A VERY Sore Husband & A Very Happy Pregnant Wife...

So Ryan and I have been working on these darn hardwood floors for so long. We moved into our house the second week of May 2008... and that was the week we started stripping stain and sanding them down. Well if I had known we wouldnt touch them again for nearly a year... I would have just left them alone. BUT. I didnt so we lived with unfinished hardwood floors for a little over a year. We started back at them again because well... we have a bit of a deadline with my due date coming here in 2 weeks. I guess that is the good journalist in me to wait till the very end to pump out quality work haha.

We recruited the missionaries (they are so kind to give up hours of time to help us out... I feed them well though I promise!) a few different sets over the past year to be exact, sanded down the floors to perfection and started staining away. Another close member to us, Brother Walsted, came to our rescue (well Ryans rescue that is since I cant exactly be of much assistance with a prego belly in the way) and we finished laying down the stain and closed shop for the night. The stain has taken HAINOUSLY long to dry and is now finally ready to be sealed and finished.

Here are a few pictures of our progress...



Our half way point after the missionaries had left... we started the day at 8:00am...


A HUGE change in color... What do you think?!


I think the fumes had been getting to him...lol... J/k it was VERY well ventilated, promise!


The last bit of stain being applied... this was at 12:30 last Saturday night... He is one tired boy!


Once the polyurethane is on and dry I will take more pictures and post a good before and after. Oh and 38 weeks is coming up soon... I will post some LOVELY belly pictures! I promise I will keep the none existent belly button to myself this time.

Tell me what you think of the floors so far... a years worth of work could use some feedback!

---Dani---

5 comments:

Em and Ms said...

I love the color! Dark wood floors are my favorite. It will feel so good when they're finally done. Good luck! I guess you'll just have to hold out having this baby until then :)

Kelsey said...

I also love the color! I have to say I'm totally jealous! I would LOVE to have hardwood floors! Great job you guys!

The Four J's said...

they look awesome! i love the dark stain!

Jeremy & Maddie said...

Love it! It looks so much more warm and cozy already. Good work! :)

Mame Voelker said...

They're looking great!!! I'm so glad everything is getting done! You deserve completed floors before the baby!