Thursday, March 12, 2009

Things That Go Bump In The Night...

So I have been feeling some crazy activity lately. At around 15 weeks I was starting to get questions like "So have you felt your baby yet?!"... my response was " I dont know... am I supposed to?"

Well of course I knew babies kick and move but I have never been this far along in a pregnancy and wasnt really sure what this movement was supposed to feel like.

About two weeks ago I started to feel my baby move around. At first I just thought I was hungry and my stomach was making noises but as the strange feeling became more frequent and more intense I was satisfied with the answer that ... those werent hunger pains.

It is a strange feeling having something swimming around inside your belly... Our baby gets so active that it feels like a tennis match is taking place with the baby just bouncing all over.

It is a sigh of relief to feel the movement, both Ryan and I have had the pleasure to feel it move around... I gotta say this baby loves Pop Tarts... every time I have a strawberry Pop Tart it freaks out! I had Ryan get me a serving of ice cream so I could get the baby to be a little more active needless to say I think it favors Pop Tarts over ice cream.

Just to let you all know we have our ultrasound on tuesday... we are hoping to walk away with some good pictures of our little jelly bean baby.

So what do you think we are having?! Let us know in our poll... Poll ends on the 18 with the results!

Dani

5 comments:

Em and Ms said...

So exciting (and weird) to feel your baby move! Madelyn was really active too. Just wait--after you have the baby you'll feel a "baby" kicking all the time even though you're not pregnant! I still do.

Kelsey said...

At the beginning people say it feels like butterflies but it felt more like gas bubbles to me. It's really cool when you can actually see the movement from out outside. That's a ways away but it's so funny wondering if it's an elbow, a knee or a foot poking out.

Leigh said...

you need to call me! asap! i miss you

chellae said...

For the longest time I thought I just had terrible digestive system problems. Yea, I guess it was a baby in there...

museumeg said...

I loved feeling my babies move. I even missed it once my babies were born. Can't wait to find out what you're having!