Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Turning The Other Cheek...


I have a strong voice and a hatred for being walked on by others.

As many of you know once again the Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints is yet again being misrepresented...

http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/commentary/the-publicity-dilemma

I find it hard, but not impossible, to continually be in the cross hairs of crude stereotypical jokes or at the wrath of someones ignorant anger. It isn't easy turning away from such hurtful remarks but I guess what does not kill you makes you stronger. If anyone is a representative of that it would be me.

For all of those who have some sort of grudge against my church and what we as a whole believe in I pray for you. I pray that you might have a greater understanding of this life and where you are going. I hope that one day your mind might be opened and you will see for yourself the things that you have said, thought and/or done to hinder the work of the Lord by taunting those who have done nothing but turn the other cheek is something that you will have to deal with on your own. I am sure in your moment of despair when you realize what you have done the ones lifting you up and taking care of you wont be those who reside in a great and spacious building but were the ones that were in the cross hairs.

I am not afraid to stand up for what I believe in... I will not cower because being virtuous and modest might not be the most popular thing to do. I do have a testimony of the true and living gospel of Jesus Christ. If anyone would like to challenge my belief in Jesus then I dare him... I will never say that He does not exist and that He is not who he says He is or that He cannot do what He says He can do.

As for me I know where I came from and I know where I am going not only in this life but in the life to come. I go to bed every night never regretful of the things that I have done that day and I wake up every morning look in the mirror and am proud of the person staring back at me. She might not be a beauty queen and has her worldly flaws but in the eyes of my Savior she is beautiful because she is a good person who is continually doing His work on this earth.

At the end of the day can you say you know where you are going and be proud of that answer?

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love thee other; or he will hold to the one and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." (Matt 6:24)

Who do you serve? As for me and my house we serve the Lord.



--Dani--

No comments: