Sunday, April 19, 2009

25 Weeks


See... I have a baby bump!


fetus in sixth month

Fetal dev
elopment in pregnancy week 25: Your little grower’s physical proportions are evening out at this point and most of their remaining development will largely be weight gain and lots and lots of nervous system development. The good news is: if your child is born premature now they’ll be more likely to survive without too much trauma as their lungs began to produce “surfactant” last week, which means their tiny respiratory system is getting stronger with each passing day. Yes, now’s a good time for a minor sigh of relief and a quick pat on the back. All that hard work and conscientious living is really getting your child prepared for a healthy delivery. Keep up the fabulous work mama! Time is short (or really long, depending on who you ask)—just 14 weeks left before you can go back to being a single-resident human.

6 comments:

Jess and Carl said...

LOVE the belly! You look so cute, and trust me when I say I know your pain! Oh man there were days all I wanted to do was lay in the tub and not move a muscle... wait there were days I actually did do that! :) Love you!

The Four J's said...

you look great!!!! :) i'm sure your little girl will be just as pretty as you!

Kori said...

Cute bump! Wait for the third trimester and then you will know aches and pains. Ouch!

Dani W said...

Yeah I am hoping that all of this revolting to change that my body is doing right now makes the third trimester not as painful as it can be... but I am sure thats just wishful thinking lol.

Kelsey said...

You're getting bigger and looking great! I hope your body is more forgiving for you. Pain is not fun!

Melissa and Bryan said...

Love the baby bump! So cute!