Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Boston Here We Come!

Boston... Home Of The Red Sox & An LDS Temple...

Who would have thought... two great things in one great city!?

Now usually if someone was going to Boston they would be going to see the sights and take in a peice of history. We are going to the temple! I am so excited to go to the temple it feels like it has been way too long.

We volunteered to help out with the Youth Temple trip... they needed people and we needed to go to the temple works out great! We are planning on helping out with the baptisms and then staying afterward for a session. We might grab a bite to eat in the cafeteria to boost our energy. I am hoping that we can go look around a little bit in the historical area of Boston... we will see.

I have had a familiar primary song in my head for days now, "I love to see the temple I want to go there some day... " You view the temple in a different way when you don't have one near by. I know we will make this trip a good one!

It is so interesting... I was just thinking to myself about how excited I am to go to the temple and how mad at Ryan I was last night over something silly. The advisary really tries to ruin your temple experience... but once I am aware of his temptings and tauntings... I am fine becuase I know they are not from me and I can just ignor them and move on.

Speaking of temples... I want to hear what everyones favorite temple is? What temple to do want to go to that you have not visited yet?

6 comments:

Catherine said...

My favorite temple is a toss up between Jordan River and Seattle..(I was sealed to Tyler at Jordan River and sealed to my parents in Seattle) and the one I want to visit is Hawaii.. it is the most gorgeous temple and in Primary.. I decided I was going to marry in that temple.. unfortunatly money doesn't really make that feasable if you want anybody to actually be at your wedding.. lol. but some day I'll ge there!

Kelsey said...

The San Diego temple is so beautiful from the outside. I've yet to make it inside though but of course it will be just as beautiful if not more. Sounds like a great trip! Hope you enjoy it. I always think it's so fun to help out with the youth at the temple. I try to be a good example to them just like my leaders were for me.

Em and Ms said...

Good for you for making the effort to attend the temple. We really do take it for granted when we have one so close. I'm sure it will be a great experience. I'll always feel like the C. River temple is "my" temple. Watching it be built, singing to President Hinckley at its dedication, and being married there kind of cement that!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Its so true about the advisary. One time we were planning on going and an argument over something stupid broke out. While we were getting ready we couldn't find Jeremy's Recomend. We literaly tore our house apart looking for it. We both searched our fire safe box about ten times. We prayed a lot, but found nothing. Finally it got down to about a half an hour before the last session of the day and we gave up and changed our clothes. Then we we apologized to one another and cuddled for a few minutes and realized how dumb we were being. Then I got a feeling to go check the firebox one more time (I was thinking "this is stupid") Lo and behold there it was. We changed and headed out the door, having learned our lesson about going to the temple in the correct spirit.

Anyway. I love the Oakland CA temple. I would love to go inside the Salt Lake Temple.

Melissa and Bryan said...

I agree with Emily my favorite is the Columbia River Temple for the same reasons... getting married there, watching it be built, going to the temple dedication with Pres. Hinckley... who wouldn't love this temple? I have always really wanted to go to the Salt Lake temple. I loved to watch the movie "The Mountain of The Lord" as a child. I was always so amazed at how the people were able to build this stunning building with the small resources they had. I think it would be so fun to go and see the inside in person.

Kori said...

My favorite is the Idaho Falls temple. It was built in the 40's and I love the feel it has. It also has amazing murals. I would like to go inside the Salt Lake temple. I have been outside but never inside. I haven't been to Salt Lake in a long time.